Car Insurance Discounts That You May Qualify For:
Many auto insurance companies offer car insurance discounts to individuals or entities who meet a certain condition or conditions. Each company is a bit different, often specializing in one particular area or another, so the availability of discount auto insurance will vary depending on where you live, whether you meet certain eligibility standards, and of course on the particular company that you're dealing with.
Whenever you're shopping for a new policy, make sure to ask if there are any auto insurance discounts that you may be eligible for. It costs nothing to ask, and you may be pleasantly surprised. It may even be worth your while to “become eligible” for some of this “discount auto insurance” by taking certain actions or joining certain organizations.
Low Cost Car Insurance, or the Cheapest Car Insurance Possible?
Only you can decide how vigorously to pursue the cheapest car insurance rate possible. Your driving history and habits are certainly one of the biggest factors, and something that you largely control, but perhaps by adding safety features, anti theft devices or joining the appropriate organization, you could achieve the cheapest car insurance rate possible for yourself. Even if you are eligible for only one or two discounts, the savings could be worth it. Low cost car insurance is achievable if one pays attention to the various factors involved.
Keeping in mind that our list is not complete, not all of these discounts may be available in your state, and that each insurer usually has different eligibility requirements, the following comprises some of the more common car insurance discounts that are available:
The ‘good driver’ insurance discount:
- This is one of the rewards of not having had an accident or a damaging ticket in a long time. The importance of being a good driver cannot be overstated, as it is one of the most important factors in achieving “low cost car insurance”.
The ‘good student’ car insurance discount:
- If you're a student with good grades, the assumption is that you'll also be a conscientious driver, and a somewhat lower risk to insure.
The ‘safe driver course’ insurance discount:
- Taking and passing an accredited driver safety course proves that you've invested some extra time in learning how to safely operate a vehicle on the roads. Car insurance companies tend to like this, as it's perceived as a lower insurance risk for them.
The ‘anti-theft’ car insurance discount:
- Given the cost to the insurance industry of car theft and break ins, installing devices that lessen the possibility of such can lead to lower cost car insurance.
The ‘safe vehicle’ insurance discount:
- Given the cost to the insurance industry of injury and death related to car accidents, it should come as no surprise that the safer your vehicle is, the better the chances of obtaining cheaper car insurance.
The ‘mature driver’ insurance discount:
- Typically, once you've reached a certain age, usually 50 or 55, and up to a certain point, you are regarded as a lower risk driver by auto insurance companies. A certain age range may entitle you to a car insurance discount.
The ‘low mileage’ car insurance discount:
- It stands to reason that if your vehicle is not driven very often, then you probably stand a lower risk of a car accident. Consequently, low cost car insurance may be available for you.
The ‘occupation’ auto insurance discount:
- If you hold a certain degree, or work in a certain field, insurance companies sometimes view you as a lower risk driver.
The ‘auto club’ insurance discount:
- Membership in an auto club like AAA, may entitle you to a lower rate.
The ‘association’ car insurance discount:
- Certain associations, like your alma mater may also entitle you to a discount on your auto insurance.
The ‘long-time customer’ discount:
– Loyalty and a long-time association with a particular insurance company can have its benefits. Sometimes a company will even overlook a certain “negative” regarding your driving history if you've been a long-time customer.
The ‘multi-vehicle’ insurance discount:
- If you have multiple vehicles to insure, it is usually a good idea to insure them all with the same insurance provider. Generally speaking, an insurance discount would apply.
The 'multi-line' auto insurance discount:
- Using the same insurance provider to insure both your home and auto, can also result in insurance savings.
As you can see, it is not so difficult to achieve one or more of the requirements for car insurance discounts, but obviously, one of the main factors is your previous driving record and your car insurance history.
If you want low cost car insurance, or the cheapest car insurance rate possible for your situation, the first and best place to start is with your own driving habits on a daily basis. Pay attention at all times when behind the wheel, and when you are ready to purchase a policy, don't forget to compare quotes from multiple insurers, and ask about the all of the car insurance discounts that you are eligible for.
Interestingly an insurance company that offers some discounts may not have the overall lowest price. It can't be said often enough - shop around before you buy. kanetix can help you find cheap car insurance
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Car Insurance Discounts That You May Qualify For:
International travel medical insurance is a type of health insurance for international travelers. Most of the time it is used by short-term travelers, mostly on holidays and pleasure cruises. International travel medical insurance is used to cover medical expenses that are not covered outside of an individuals' home country.
Short term international travel medical insurance typically has a minimum of 5 days and long term international travel medical insurance can last up to 1 year.
When searching for your policy, you need to find one that is custom made for your wants and needs at a reasonable cost. There are so many out there to suit every taste, age group and wallet, you'll be able to pick one that's just right for you.
Traveling on vacation or business is usually a lot of fun; exploring new places and cultures while enjoying new cuisines adds to the experience and pleasure of visiting new destinations but, at the same time, you must take into consideration the possibility of any sort of accident that may happen at any given moment.
Taking out international health insurance, be it for business or pleasure, while traveling abroad is a good idea, though not compulsory, most travel operators do insist on some kind of insurance as part of their holiday product.
If you are planning on taking a holiday, or embarking on a business trip, or perhaps a long stay overseas, it is well advised you get some travel insurance to cover your travel losses and more incase something were to happen to them.
International travel medical insurance is a type of health insurance for international travelers. That's why international travel medical insurance is essential every single time you take a trip abroad. A good international travel medical insurance plan can cover all your expenses and make the best of a bad situation.
Draped in Insurance Plans
The world of today changes every moment. There was a time when bullocks and horses acted as our modes of transport. In today's world, bullocks and horses are themselves carried from place to place in trucks and vans. There was a time when all that a girl could hope for was to marry a good and sufficiently wealthy man. These days, women make their own money and only when they feel the need do they think about marriage. There was a time when the only available insurance plan was on life. Nowadays, all things can have an insurance. From diamond jewelry to pets to footballers' feet, any and everything is subject to being insured.
The most common types of insurance, of course, are motor insurance and home insurance. You can insure your car so that later on, making repairs will be relatively easier on your pocket. Moreover, several countries insist that no car can go out on the roads without its first having got insured. Are you surprised at that rule? Well, you really should not be. After all, given the large numbers of accidents on the road, it is a good idea to get the cars insured at the very onset. Interestingly, these days, insurance providers have come up with a plan that covers third party cars. Thus, if your car rams into another, your insurance deal will furnish the money to pay for repairs for that other car as well.
Getting insurance for your house must never be avoided. Things like fires and burglaries do not need invitation cards. They come uninvited and either burn or run away with much of your hard-earned dough. A good insurance plan will take care of these unwanted eventualities. At least you will not have to keep wondering how you can cope up if such a thing does happen. You have insured your house after all.
Medical insurance is another important insurance. It makes sense to cover yourself for possible medical problems. So, if it does happen that you need to undergo an urgent operation, you will not have to postpone it because of lack of funds.
One up-coming insurance type is the travel insurance. This is a good insurance for those who are traveling to places that are quite a distance away from their homes. You never know what medical problems may occur. To be stuck without sufficient money in a strange land can be terrifying.
Every day heralds the birth of yet another type of insurance. What would you say are the top five important insurance plans?